Sunday, December 20, 2009

Frankie's school








Frankie goes to a Catholic school here in Hualien, and it reminds me very much of the primary school I went to in HK in almost all aspects. The Christmas decorations, the billboards, and even the statue of virgin Mary.......just like Bishop Walsh.
It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever I am in the school, bringing back many childhood memories. We were very poor growing up, but as dumb as I was, my happiest and warmest memories are those early school years. From as early as I can remember, I was fascinated and very much interested in English and Mandarin and I persued both dilligently. Little did I know that some day both languages would come in handy as they are the languages of both my adopted homes..............Is that fate?
See if you can spot Frankie from the photo at the top of the page........
Frankie's school (St Stella Marie) is one of the top schools in Hualien and in Taiwan. Both the primary and secondary schools have their students placing among the top in national competitions. It would be a bonus if Frankie can achieve academic excellence, but we will be very happy and proud if she just becomes proficient in the Chinese language and familiar with her ethnic background and culture.






No comments:

Post a Comment