Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Monday.....

It was a great weekend with fantabulous weather.
Its now Monday morning and Frankie is off to school. She goes from 8am to 5pm, which is a long day considering in Canada, school is 9am to 2:45pm. Mind you, a typical work day here is 10 to 12 hours for most folks, and six days a week.......so, the long hours for kids is preparing them for later on in life.

After dropping Frankie off to school, I'm free to do what I enjoy doing.

Hey Frank, if you are watching this, I want you to know I miss my Tuesdays and Fridays playing with you folks. My backhand is improving, so watch out! I'll be back in Victoria in June for the summer. Weather here is perfect for tennis year round. Brilliant sunshine today with temp near 26C, and this is middle of winter!!

I have not touched a club since my trip to China in Nov, so I decided to hit some balls at the range.....first video is warming up with an 8 iron...

then a few hits with my rusty, I mean trusty 3 wood......see that white building at the end of the range? That is Parkview Hotel, and I'm aiming at the 10th floor window........our new house is right across from the hotel.

I have never looked at my own swing from this angle. Darn! A bit of Lee Trevino follow thru I see........same body shape too!

A large bucket later, everything seems to click. Guess I better quit while the going is good......Hey Tiger, better watch it, this is what you will look like in twenty years if you don't watch your diet.

1 comment: