Friday, September 3, 2010

Weigh a minute......

With over two months of eating and drinking in indulgence, my weight was 170 when I arrived home in Taiwan one week ago, gaining 10 lbs during my vacation in Canada. However, that did not cause a panic as I am now quite confident of managing my weight, given the favorable conditions around me. In Canada, conditions are not favorable for effective weight management as the generally cool climate does not allow enough sweating. A thoroughly good sweat daily requires constant hydration, which is an effective method of elevating the level of metabolism.

Although I was confident that I could lose the 10 lbs I gained while I was abroad, what I did not expect was how I could so so quickly, and not only losing what I gained, but more than I gained. Yes, 14 lbs in one week. Amazing but true. I am now at my lightest since I started my weight loss program early this year, from 201 lbs to 156 lbs, a total loss of 45 lbs. Ideally, I would like to be around 150 before year end.......

With that out of the way, its time to go shopping and stock up the fridge......

Although we eat mostly vegetarian, we do enjoy having varieties, particularly fresh local seafood. Veggies and fruits are abundant here, and dirt cheap. Hualien is not for everyone, but for folks like myself who loves eating and yet be able to manage our weight and stay healthy, this is truly paradise..........

No comments:

Post a Comment