Saturday, October 12, 2013

A long overdue update

Whew, time flies and I have neglected to update my blog, mainly due to the fact that my good friend Jimmy had given me an iPhone, and I've been busy learning to use "Line" and "weChat", and all the other marvellous features. Yup, a new hi tech toy finally as I waltzed into the 21 century of technology.
First thing I did upon returning to Formosa is to eat papaya, my favorite food. A tiny imported version in Canada costed me about $5, and here I can buy a tree ripened red papaya for about a buck. And the taste? No comparison.
Papaya is a super food: aids digestion, reduces body inflammations, and a host of other health benefits. Most importantly, it is delicious and juicy; a perfect food after a morning hike and workout.

Frankie is now 12 and going into grade 7. Here she is with her new uniform. She has grown a lot and we need to buy new clothes and shoes every few months.

And here is my lovely wife with her new hair style, shorter and sweeter!

yours truly, doing what he does best: eat!


the best clams I've ever eaten are these local morsels. Sweet tasting, firm, no sand, and not fishy at all. And the price is right. 

Here is our friend Ed, eating Rebecca's fried rice. Ed is from the Silicon valley, now living next door to us. A computer geek, he has a company here to continue his R&D in software and product design. A very smart fellow but tired of the rat race and decided to relocate to this Pacific island, keeping a low profile. Even looks a bit like Steve Jobs.

and his charmimg lady friend Kukui.

A beautiful setting here at my private health club, an outdoor pool in brilliant sunshine and temperature in the low 30s. Paradise indeed.

The water is as blue as the sky, and the best thing? Hardly anybody there. 

Well, it would not be a spa without a good foot massage! Guess whose foot this is? A one hour session costs under $20, can I say "paradise" again?


No comments:

Post a Comment