Saturday, August 15, 2009

Easy like Sunday morning

No tennis today, so I'm going to the markets to buy some fresh clams to make some clam & miso soup.....on my Hardly Davidson.

.

A typical summer day here is a little cloud or light rain overnite, then brilliant sunshine in the morning and lasts all day. Day time temp is about 35 celcius and evening is about 30. Remember a few days ago when temp was over 40, and I said that something bad was going to happen, like a Typhoon? How do I know that? Because when I was a kid in HK, whenever it gets unbearably hot and humid but no rain for an extended period of time, some kind of storm will form and that will relieve the pressure being built up. Sometimes it is just a thunderstorm which passes quickly, but once in a while, we get these deadly typhoons and depending on where and how you live, it could mean death and disasters.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap Jack, I just went thru about 12 days of your life as I never go to blog sites and knew about the lousy weather coming your way but had no idea of all that you have been going thru. Fascinating wow..... Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kel,
    Good to hear from you.
    I've never been so close to disasters, and never really felt the pain of those who suffer catastrophic events. It puts life into perspective.
    Come back often, I'll continue to keep everyone updated.

    Jack.

    ReplyDelete