Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mission accomplished, part two.

Well folks, losing all those weight means nothing unless my bloodwork improves. I was prescribed Lipitor a year ago but I refused to take it, clinging to the hope that I could lose weight......thus lowering my cholesterol and improving other vital functions of the internal organs. I took a bloodtest on 12/30 just before I began my weight loss program, and the numbers were scary. I was not surprised because I had similar disastrous numbers from my family doctor in Victoria for the past two years. I was told to go on medication but I was on denial. I was damn lucky that I did not suffer a heart attack or stroke during all that time, I could have.
So, after losing 40 lbs, how much effect will it have on my bloodwork?

I got my report today and here are the numbers:
Triglyceride - 47 now, 133 before, normal is 30-150.
Total cholesterol - 183 now, 264 before, normal is 0-200.
Blood sugar - 78 now, 96 before, normal is 60-100.
Uric acid - 5.9 now, 7.1 before, normal is 3.0-7.0.

An amazing and very drastic improvement, with all numbers now well within a safe normal range. I am a happy guy.
Six months ago, this was just a dream.......but dreams do come true sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Now you can live forever in your island paradise! :)

    ReplyDelete